thoughts locked inside
it’s what I do
the person misrepresented
is known by few
can you hear the screams?
nothing is as it seems
look into my eyes
do you see the war inside?
look beyond the glaze
the thoughts I hide
Okay, enough of my amateurish poetry. I have a lot going on in my mind–as I said yesterday.
As a person who doubts everyone and everything, our new president has had me on my toes. I see what he’s doing….he’s distracting us with outlandish comments and contradictions while wheeling and dealing behind the scenes. Watch him, and read what he’s using his pen for. He’s sticking thorns on the rose, pick your thorn and fight for what is right for your world. Oh, and call your representatives! If you’re happy with what you see….embrace the thorns if that’s what floats your boat.
This past week has been a week of mental flogging but I’m learning from it. The most important lesson is that I’m in control of those thoughts. However, I have to release them somewhere. Hahaha! It’s like a repeal of thoughts but I have positive replacements.
The following made me smile this week:
- Dog shenanigans
- Dairy Queen Blizzards
- Wearing socks to sleep in during the brief winter
- A rare, long conversation with our youngest
- Looking at the sky, watching the clouds, thinking about how long that sky has been here and how many before me have lied on their backs and stared at the same scene. I imagine the dinosaurs didn’t pay much attention but I’ll bet our ancestors did.
- Planning a trip to help our daughter choose a wedding dress. I think I’m going to need a few winter clothes for the trip
- Making four trips from the basement to the top floor of our house. It was a struggle due to my physical shape but I had a huge smile for that final step
- I exercised three days this week
I hope you find something to make you smile!