Hmmmm…..balance my bank account, catch up…once and for all, reading blogs….and the reading wins. A little edit here….I can’t catch up on the reading, for one, it’s Football Sunday and I keep getting distracted. For two, I am so far behind I’m overwhelmed. I haven’t even checked out the blogs of new followers, and I really want to. For three, it’s 2 pm and I’m still in my jammies. Please know that I will catch up, but it may take me a while.
After recovering from my lung surgery, I swore that I would make every day count. I would be more present and take care of my physical health. I have let myself down, but today is a new day.
I strive to live in the moment. It’s difficult, but attainable–I’ve been there. I simply wish I could make it a permanent thought process instead of letting myself slip into bad habits.
By living in a few moments, the following made me smile this week:
- Dewey, the furnace repairman, fixing our furnace—it didn’t cost an arm and a leg to repair it.
- The cost to license our cars — which happens to fall in the month of my husband’s birth, December — has been reduced due to a new law. What a great surprise right before Christmas.
- Learning that I should be paying more attention to what is going on in our state so that I would be aware of such laws.
- Finally finished decorating our Christmas tree.
- Talks with Sensible Girlfriend—a second daughter to me.
- Emoticon text conversations with our daughter
- The grandpuppy tripped me in front of the repairman and I didn’t break a bone. Just felt a little silly sprawled on the floor.
- The feeling of warm air coming from the floor registers instead of cold.
- One of my hand knitted ugly blankets.
- Cashew nuts
- Another successful, long drive on the freeway to the office of one of my torturers. Why do they have to be so nosey? When did I get old enough that I have to see my primary torturer every six months—including bloodwork? Why is every *ist torturer*, minus the dentist, so far from our house?
- Did I mention Ben and Jerry’s Pumpkin Cheesecake ice cream?
- Facebook banter with my sister. Wouldn’t you know…..she’s just as stubborn as I am?
- Passing those cinnamon scented pinecones they have in the stores this time of year, and due to stuffy nose syndrome, I didn’t get knocked over by the smell.
- We still have trees in the yard full of Fall colored leaves.
I hope you find yourself living in the moment and finding something to make you smile.