Although it was a wild and wooly week, I did make myself stop from looking inside my pain to notice what is beautiful around me.
This is some of what made me smile:
- The laughter coming from a party down the street
- The bubbles the dish soap makes while washing dishes
- I did vote. We found a parking spot, we didn’t have to wait long, and I pushed all the buttons I wanted to push
- The feel of the floor on my bare feet after a good, hard scrubbing *edit…the floors getting the hard scrub, I think I could have worded that better*
- When a gentle breeze releases the dying leaves from their stronghold and gently float to the earth…..a gentle leaf shower
- Waking up at 6:30 am and not hearing a sound. No cars, no dogs barking, just silence
- The little growly sound my grand puppy makes when she plays
- The neighbor’s lawn maintenance man blowing the leaves from our front yard–which is funny because by the end of the day it won’t look like he did a thing
- Fellow bloggers
I hope you find something to make you smile this week.