Sigh. Halloween. Not one of my most favorite of holidays. I love Autumn, but something about Halloween night bugs me.
After having anxiety filled dreams of running out of candy, I woke up a little exhausted. I performed my morning get-the-kinks-out stretches with my eyes closed. As usual, I flopped back down on the pillow and covered my head with the blanket.
My eyes began to leak.
While lying there with my head covered, I reminded myself that this is a new day. One full of new opportunities. I can make it good, or I can make it bad….first I have to get out of bed.
Then memories of my dad floated through my mind. He loved Halloween. After we were grown and no longer went door-to-door begging for candy, he would plan an elaborate spooky way to greet trick-or-treaters. He continued to dress up with a funny mask until my parents moved to a place they didn’t get trick-or-treaters.
My eye leaks turned into fond tears of happiness.
I got out of bed. (obviously)
The following made me smile:
- Colors. All of them! Look around, what color do you see first?
- The grand kitties went home…return to normalcy
- I visited with our oldest, in person, for the second time in a week
- Little paw prints on my windshield from the grand kitty. He just had to climb on top of my car. For such a huge cat he has little paws and a small head. He is funny looking but adorable.
- This beautiful post…https://silkannthreades.wordpress.com/2016/10/28/memories-of-a-table/
- Finally letting go of the election anxiety and deciding that I will not feel guilty for voting the way I will vote. One of the candidates wasn’t even an option, but I don’t feel great about the other. Meh, in four years we will have the opportunity to change that…..as long as we have a country left
- Watching my friends get involved in what they believe (not necessarily politics) by doing something and not sitting back complaining. It takes action to change anything.
- The smell of my shampoo
- Lemon in my water
Wishing you a Happy Halloween. Hope you find something to make you smile.