What a stinkin’ cycle life can become. Sometimes good, sometimes not so good.
I’m neither experiencing too much anxiety – does that ever go away? – nor am I depressed, but it takes a monumental effort to make myself do something.
So, is it that I don’t care? Am I depressed and don’t want to accept it? Or am I just a lazy person?
As a compulsive knitter, I can’t believe I haven’t touched yarn in over…..well, has it been two months? Three?
There is a quote out there about being thankful if all you did today was breathe, but I’m taking that a little too far. Yes, I have given myself permission to just relax for 15 minutes, 2 hours, all day………every day. This has gotten out of hand.
I suppose it’s going to take some forceful self-butt-kicking and get moving. My back is feeling a bit better, I have run out of excuses. If I’m totally honest with myself, I have accomplished some things and I need to give myself some credit and move along.
This is what I found to make me smile: (some may be repeats)
- We are starting to have milder weather. The kind we can open our windows and turn off the air conditioning
- My Nerf gun
- A sappy movie I watched on the Hallmark channel
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownie scraps Sensible Girlfriend brought to me from the bakery she works
- The patience of my husband
- Realizing I’m not thinking about cancer and the what ifs…..Every. Single. Day.
- Waking up this morning and realizing it’s Football Sunday!
Now, I’m off to catch up on some blog reading before the games start. Hope you find something to make you smile today!
Oh! A little random thinking……I don’t understand why some women are offended if a man asks…well I guess tells her to smile. Even in my darkest of dark days….if I’m in the presence of people….I always make eye contact and smile. It’s my mask, and when someone smiles back, it makes me feel better. Perhaps that is why I don’t understand it……nobody has asked me to smile before. I have been assaulted but that doesn’t compare to someone telling me to smile. Am I that naive?