I feel a need to write some gratitude moments. Someone may need a reminder to look around and notice the little stuff.
The following made me smile or think about how the little things make a difference :
- I love the way my ugly dog looks so beautiful to me
- the way the candle I’m burning smells
- the number of times ugly dog makes me get up and down to let her in and out–it adds steps to my fitness tracker
- salad for breakfast
- the fact that the old cat missed treat time and I wasn’t going to track her down. It just so happened she was in the potty.
- Oddly enough, storm clouds. While I hate the grey, storm clouds are interesting until a funnel develops
- when the car finally warms up
- for that matter, butt warmers in the car (I know, a luxury and I love it)
- a warm shower — the feel of the water
- the vacuum cleaner broke again and I can’t fix it this time- no vacuuming (which could be a bad thing)
- text to husband: Vacuum broken. So is wife. He told me no way, I’m loved. Aww.
- knowing my kids learned a very important *sarcasm* lesson from their dad–a sandwich can be made of anything….pasta, casserole, etc. If a piece of bread will wrap around it, it’s a sandwich
- the feeling of soft socks
Well, I could probably go on with the little things but I think you can catch my drift. Life may seem monotonous, dark, and worthless…but there are many little things that add up to something worthwhile. Keep your eyes peeled.