I hate to have to write this, but our second attempt at building a shower pan, and the required flood test didn’t go so well. However, there are no fingers being pointed because I’m so experienced in taking all the blame for all bad happenings.
Needless to say, our flood test showed us our flaw–from the first floor, traveling through the second floor and ending in the basement.
Thankfully, most of the water travelling through the second floor didn’t drip on the computer or other electrical stuff. It came close though.
The most unfortunate part of this, is that now I’m required to call a professional to do the major part such as making sure our drain is at the proper height, and the pan is installed correctly.
Which means I have to have some stranger lurking around my personal things in my bedroom area. ugh.
My parade has been rained upon and my balloon has deflated oh so slightly, but I still have the tiling to go.
I hate it when my husband knows better than I, but I’m glad I didn’t flood the entire house. Another positive….I get to use the sledge hammer for the third time. For any keeping record, I tore out the original shower and began the new shower pan installation. That didn’t work out so I took a sledge hammer, a chisel, and a maul and tore that up.
Looks like that sledge hammer is going to get some more use. Yay! Since we do want to move from here, I won’t be doing the shower pan installation. Just the demolition and the tiling.