I’m channeling my inner Sally Field.
Awards. I’m going to answer all the questions, and at the end, I will create a post listing some blogs I find interesting so that y’all can check them out. I hope I recognize everyone’s nominations and don’t miss someone. I’m truly humbled by your recognition.
I’m not much of an award acceptor. I once earned an Employee of the Year award–right after a horrible co-worker earned the award the year before. I believed that it reflected upon me and my work ethic–and it wasn’t good. I also earned an award for Volunteer of the Year from my kid’s elementary school. I didn’t show up to the ceremony because I was busy volunteering for something else. I actually won some awards for a couple of my photographs, which inspired me.
I will break these nominations down, and then create a post listing some of my favorite blogs.
So—here you go:
From Me – Who Am I. This lovely lady nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award. I really like her writing style, as she shares information in a way that I may not have considered. Other than the fact that I believe she is in better shape, and is more athletic–but just about everyone is more athletic than I, we have some very common threads which connect us.
Here are seven things I must reveal about myself – according to the Versatile Blogger rules. I’m electing to break all the other rules.
1) I can’t live without coffee. Straight up, although I will indulge in one of those fru-fru types from time to time just to be sure I’m not missing something.
2) I can’t live without my cats. They are the fuel that feeds my calmness–if I ever need to be calm.
3) I am mostly high strung, but oddly enough, people believe I’m a laid back kind of person. Therefore, I should win an Academy Award, because my acting must be great, or my cats are that wonderful. (see number 2)
4) My husband is nearly 2 years younger than I (or is it me–another insecurity–grammar, punctuation, and syntax), so I suppose that makes me a cougar. He believes we are the same height, which could be a fact—as long as I don’t wear my cowboy boots if he is wearing his tennies.
5) I’m a skilled procrastinator, but any of you who follow my blog probably already know this.
6) Stubbornness is a personality trait I am most proud of. Not only has it helped me recover from depression, but when I find a cause worthy of fighting for, I go for it. I’m like a dog with a bone.
7) Sharing my photography is rather difficult for me. In order to avoid criticism, I publicly post photos I already know are flawed. I don’t post the photos which are actually good.
Check out my friend’s blog, Me – Who Am I, she is among my favorite bloggers.
Stay tuned for more.